Saturday, November 28, 2009

rivka, standing on the roof of a london high rise with a megaphone, alone


ºRivka Fried ( ): Hello. Hello! Is this working? It must be. You're looking up. My name is Rivka Maidel Fried. Some of you know me as Rivka Starlett. Today I shed my guise. Today I will tell the world who I am.


Perhaps you think – and I understand this has been whispered, passed along the grapevine – that I have gone mad. It is my belief that the world is mad, and I was mad before, and at last I am cured. This is my truth! The truth is surrounding us, and we are only too complacent, no, too afraid to look it in the eyes. Do not be afraid to stare into the sun, London! You fear it because it is beautiful, and beauty is the only thing polite society is still afraid of. You fear the divinity of that pain.



I've hurt myself. I've hurt myself because I know that in pain, I can feel ecstasy. I can feel my humanity laid out before me.


I am here because I have finally woken up. I am here because there are chemicals in our water, because there are hormones in our milk, because there is poison gas in the air. I am here because animals are herded into tiny pens and fed the fat of their dead ancestors before they're slaughtered in cold blood by men who return to their families at night with the blood of thousands on their hands. I am here because religion has perverted the life and death of good men and written their names on banners above battlefields. I am here because you—you!—cheered and hugged and kissed and wept and celebrated victory when on the other side of the world, the flesh of children was burning off their bones.


I am here because I believed once that the world had finally faced the truth. But the bearers of truth were themselves perverted, just like the messiahs of your torture cults and death voodoo. We must all demand a return to reality! We must fight for our own world to be saved!


I see you, there. Don't think I don't see you, there. I realize you're probably about to arrest me. You should turn around and go home. I'm not going to cause anyone violence or harm. I'm only going to make people face the facts. I'm not a criminal. I've done nothing.


Listen! Look up! Religion and television spread lies to divert you from the truth! And the truth is that we're all guilty! We're all progenitors of filth and cruelty and murder! We have the seeds of our own destruction! The judgment day is coming and there is no god to save you! Save yourself! Look up! London, look up!


I see you, sir, I do, and I'll come down from here in a moment. Hold on.


My name is Rivka Maidel Fried and for Knave of Hearts, for England, for all mankind I swear that this day will be remembered!

No comments:

Post a Comment